Nonsurgical Facelift with NovaThreads
The PDO Thread Lift procedure safely and instantly lifts up loose skin on the face, neck and the body with minimal downtime, it is one the most effective ways to lift loose skin without surgery.
As we age, the effects of gravity become more noticeable on our faces, especially as our facial support structure weakens and we lose facial fat. The areas that are generally affected are eyebrows, areas around the eyes, cheeks, jowls and neck. The thread work to suspend the sagging tissue for a more contoured and lifted effect – without the need for surgical intervention.
With the aging of tissues and the action of gravity, the V-shape of a healthy, youthful face diminishes or inverts. The idea behind the PDO thread lift is to either to create a scaffolding in order to support the tissues and keep them in this V-shape or where necessary to lift the tissue and reposition the skin to recreate the V-shape where it has been lost.
Although Novathreads can be inserted almost anywhere in the body to lift and tighten skin; including knees, thighs, arms and stomach, one area where they are especially effective is the neck and jawline. The lower third of the face is challenging to treat effectively with botulinum toxin or injectable fillers, which are most effective in the upper and middle third of the face, respectively.
Novathreads are hypodermic needles preloaded with a synthetic PDO absorbable suture. PDO (polydioxanone) threads are surgical sutures that are FDA-approved and are one of the safest materials that can be used in the body. The presence of these sutures in your skin triggers cells in your body called fibroblasts to produce more collagen, creating firmer, more youthful looking skin. So, the result of the Thread Lift is immediate, but you will continue to see results enhance as your skin produces more collagen over the next several months, even after your skin has fully absorbed the Novathread (within 4 to 6 months).
- People who are starting to see some drooping of the brow, cheeks, jowls and/or neck and would like to see a lift effect, but do not want the risk, scars, expense or recovery of a surgical operation.
- People who have had some relapse from a previous plastic surgery procedure such as a facelift or neck lift.
- People who want to achieve the “fox eye-lift” effect.
The procedure will entail:
- The areas to be treated will be numbed with anesthetic.
- The areas to be treated are then marked.
- The threads are then inserted under the skin in precise locations using a small hollow needle to lift and support sagging skin. The inserted thread is then able to grasp onto the skin and soft tissue to lift and pull, this requires no cuts or incisions, simply the used of injections.
- With the lift effect secured, the hollow needle is removed without leaving any scars.
- Depending on the desired effect of the lift, few to several sutures will be used.
- The PDO suture remains underneath the skin. Different sutures and lengths will be used depending upon the area(s) you need lifted.
There are different types of PDO threads and techniques.
Barb Threads: These threads have tiny barbs on the entire length of the thread to gather tissue to lift the cheeks and sagging skin of where the threads are placed. This technique produces a more noticeable and immediate result. The skin will then build new collagen which will secure the lift and give a longer lasting result.
Smooth Threads: These threads are smaller than the barbed sutures and are smooth (no barbs on the thread). These threads are placed under the skin vertically and horizontally to create a “mesh. This Mesh will serve as the foundation for new collagen production in the skin. The results appear naturally and gradually to improve fine lines and to firm the skin.
Twist threads. Made up of one or two intertwined threads, these are used to help restore volume to sunken parts of your skin.
Threads cost $200 per thread, typical usage is:
Neck 6-8 threads
Jowls & Neck 8-10 threads
Midface or Lower Face 6-8 threads
Full face 10-12 threads
Fox eye lift 6 threads
Pain is minimal and can be usually managed with acetaminophen (Tylenol) and/or ibuprofen (Advil). You may have mild swelling and bruising for few days. Icing the treated area as well as arnica is recommended for the first few days. We recommend avoiding strenuous activity for few days.